In Case of an Emergency
If a medical emergency occurs after-hours, patients will be referred to Hillside Veterinary Clinic, open 24 hours, 7 days a week:
Hillside Veterinary Clinic
6150 E. Mockingbird Lane
- About Us
- Pet Health
- New Here
- Shop Online
Did you know?...
- The nose print of a cat and dog are like a fingerprint, there are no two alike.
- No two cows have the same pattern of spots.
- Cats only need 1/6 of the light that a human needs to see.
- Normal temperature for a cat and dog is 100.0 - 102.5 °F.
- Not only do your fingers have unique prints, but your tongue does as well.
- How to video: Brushing your pet's teeth.
- A canine cannot go more than 5 days without food and/or water.
- A feline cannot go more than 3 days without food and/or water.
- A hippo’s DNA suggests they are more closely related to whales and dolphins than to other hoofed animals like cattle, pigs, etc.
- Some snakes can survive without food for two years at a time by digesting their own hearts. Immediately following a nutritious meal, snake hearts can quickly rebuild themselves. Other snakes survive by growing bigger heads to broaden prey options during periods of famine.
- Most snakes usually reproduce once a year, however sea snakes can mate only once every ten years.
- The Black Mamba is the fastest snake in the world, it is capable of moving at the speed of 20 km per hour; 12.43 miles per hour.
- A cat's brain is millions of times faster than an iPad, and it is able to store 1,000 times more data.
- Dogs have about 100 different facial expressions, most of them made with the ears.
- Giraffes have no vocal cords, they communicate with their tails.
- Pigeons can actually remember humans by face. If you chase one away, it will avoid you during later encounters.
- When male and female wolves mate they usually stay together for life. They are devoted parents and maintain sophisticated family ties.
- All polar bears alive today can trace their ancestry back to one female brown bear who lived in Ireland.
- Cats cannot taste sweet things.
- Lobsters have an enzyme that naturally repairs DNA, if it weren't for disease, capture, or injury they could live indefinitely.
- The basenji dog is the only dog that is unable to bark, they yodel.
- Raccoons are the only other animals that wash their hands before they eat!
- Human yawns are contagious to dogs.
- A Blue Whale's heart is the size of a Volkswagen Beetle!
- The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans.
- Elephants can also purr, just like cats!